2013 Holiday Return Policy
For gift items delivered between November 24th and December 24th, we have extended our standard 30 day return policy to accept returns until January 31st, 2014 for your convenience. Items delivered on or later than December 24th will fall under our standard return policy allowing those items to be returned up to 30 days after the order was delivered. Please contact our customer service team to request your return authorization on new, unused items in their original packaging.
Simple Step-by-Step Returns Process
- Contact the Customer Service Department to obtain an RA at 1-800-919-1904 - Press 2 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return the item(s) using the information on the RA that is emailed to you – be sure to purchase shipping insurance
- Email tracking information to email@example.com
- Once the item has been delivered, check your email in about 14 business days for a credit or further information
Remember – our simple return policy means all you have to do is follow a few easy steps. We ask only that you pay for the return shipping; no restocking fees and no hidden fees!
***For more detailed Return Policy information, please see below***
Returns & Exchanges
- All returns or exchanges must be arranged with our Customer Service Department and be assigned a Return Authorization (RA) number.
- If you submit a request for return through your online account you must await the appropriate return instructions via email. Our items ship from multiple warehouses and it is essential that they are returned to the proper location.
- At our discretion, returns that are sent to the incorrect warehouse will be refused, shipped back at the customer’s expense, or assessed a restocking fee to cover administrative costs, shipping costs, and restocking fees for which we may be subject.
- To arrange a return please contact:
Toll Free: 1-800-919-1904 - Press 2
If you need to return an item you may do so within 30 days of the product's delivery.
- The product must be in new, unused condition.
- It must be returned in the original packaging.
- Please note that outlet items, made to order items, and custom items are not eligible for return or exchange for any reason.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to return the product to the correct warehouse in new condition and in the original packaging. For this reason, we strongly suggest that you obtain a tracking number for the returning item(s) and purchase shipping insurance.
- Please forward tracking information to Customer Service to assist in processing your return.
- In the event that the product is received in a condition which we deem unacceptable, we reserve the right to deny your return. Upon receipt of said item we will either refuse it or contact you by email to notify you that the item was received damaged or used.
- If the item was received damaged you may file a claim with your shipping company.
- If the item is received used you may choose to have the item disposed of or have the item returned to you at your expense.
- Damaged or used items will be retained in our warehouse for a maximum of 30 business days unless otherwise requested by the customer in writing prior to disposal. After 30 business days the item will be disposed of or donated.
- Once we receive the return, inspect it, and determine it to be in acceptable condition, we will issue a credit in the original form of payment.
- The credit should be visible on your credit card statement within 3-5 business days (varies by credit card company).
- Please allow 7-14 business days after delivery of the returned item for our Customer Service Department to inspect the return and process your refund.
- The RA number expires 30 days after the date the product was delivered.
- Once the RA number has expired you will be notified by email.
- If you attempt to return an item without an RA (including refusing delivery), past 30 days or in unacceptable condition, the item will be refused or shipped back to you at your cost; if we choose to accept the return, additional fees will apply.
Please review your order carefully before submitting it to ensure all information is correct. Made to Order and Custom orders, due to their uniqueness, cannot be changed, canceled, or returned at any time (see Cancellation Policy for further details).
Defective or Damaged Merchandise/Missing Parts
Please thoroughly inspect your products immediately upon delivery. Maintain the original packaging until you have determined that the product is satisfactory. In the rare occurrence that a product arrives damaged, or with missing parts, please contact our Customer Service Department immediately. At times, pictures of the damaged item may be required prior to determining a resolution. You must contact us within seven days from the date of delivery to report damaged, missing or defective merchandise. After the seven-day period, the product cannot be reported as damaged, defective, missing parts and/or returned for exchange or refund.
Freight items must be thoroughly examined at the time of delivery. In the event that the freight item arrives damaged please thoroughly inspect the package for any external or internal damages while the driver is present. If damage has occurred follow the instructions on the Freight Terms & Conditions you received and agreed to prior to shipment, and contact our offices at 1-800-919-1904. Once you have received and signed for the package, the shipping company and Woodland Direct are released from any responsibility for damage and all damage claims will be denied, so it is essential to inspect the package thoroughly.
When returning an item that was initially shipped freight, it is essential that the item be returned via freight shipping service. The packaging used for items that are shipped freight may not be sufficient for ground shipment handling. Items returned damaged will not receive a refund.