Unique Features of Anji Mountain Bamboo:
- Manufactured in the remote Anji Mountains of China, Anji Mountain Bamboo Rugs are made from the finest 100% Anji Mountain Bamboo. Due to a lengthy annual freeze, this unique growing climate produces the strongest and most durable bamboo in the world which is best-suited for flooring.
- As our world begins to address serious environmental issues such as pollution and destruction of the rainforests, society is rediscovering the natural wonder that is Bamboo. It is an abundant, fast-growing grass that has become a prominent raw material in the "Green" movement due to it's versatility, beauty and low environmental impact. Unlike hardwood that can take decades to grow to a mature height ready for harvest, bamboo grows 8-12 feet a year! Therefore, closely regulated harvesting of sustainable bamboo forests is much more ecologically responsible than clear-cutting of old-growth hardwood forests.
- Unlike most tropical climates where bamboo grows, the Anji Mountains experience a freeze of approximately two months each year. The cold temperatures stop the sap flow which promotes slow growth that, consequently, produces a much denser, harder and more durable bamboo better suited for flooring use.
Quality of Anji Mountain Bamboo:
- Anji Mountain Bamboo is harvested, processed, manufactured and assembled exclusively in the Anji Mountains of China.
- This bamboo has been expertly carbonized (naturally removing moisture and oils) and kiln dried (further removing moisture) to help prevent cracking and warping. These crucial steps are taken to assure our rugs are ready to withstand the dry heat of your home in the wintertime or the arid climate of those living in the desert and mountains.
- This bamboo is machine planed and sanded, then hand-sanded in an extra step to assure the smoothest and finest quality finish possible.
- These rugs are manufactured with color-coordinated polypropylene borders that last longer and are more stain-resistant than cotton borders. Our borders are micro-stitched and bound with mitered corners for better wear and a more attractive finish.
Caring For Your Rug:
- Anji Mountain Bamboo rugs clean easily with a damp cloth or mop
- *Caution* Natural fading will occur in direct sunlight.
- Use protective felt, rubber or plastic casters on furniture legs to prevent scratching the surface of the bamboo.
- If the bamboo rug gets wet...the bamboo should be wiped dry, the rug should be hung to air dry completely and, most importantly, the surface the rug lays on should be air dried completely before laying the rug back down.