PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Last Updated December 2019
This policy applies to all interactions with customers and visitors, including: the use of our Site, phone and email communications, the order and fulfillment of products, and social media interactions (to the extent another third party’s policy applies). All references to “you,” “visitor,” or “customer” refers to those who visit the Site as well as those who have purchased from us.
We take great pride in the relationship we have stewarded with our customers and are dedicated to treating your personal information with care.
This policy is for Woodland Direct alone. If you click through to other websites, the privacy policies posted at those sites will apply.
WHAT DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personally identifiable information, which includes information such as
- Phone Number
- Purchase Information
- Location (in limited circumstances)
- Email Addresses
Personally identifiable information is collected when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. When you make a purchase on the Site, we collect information related to your purchase to assist us in performing the services we provide. We may store information about your use of the Site, such as viewed pages, date and time of visit, shopping cart, and transactions. We may also collect optional feedback, questions or concerns related to operation of the products and/or service-related communications. Our calls with you may be monitored and recorded for quality and training purposes.
If you access the Site through your mobile device, we may collect your location to assist us in fulfilling your order and our marketing efforts. We do not share this information with third parties and will only use this information for that purpose. You may at any time prevent the Service from using your location by turning this option off on your device.
HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
Cookie and tracking technology gathers information such as browser type and operating system, device information, geographic location (region only), date and length of stay and specific pages accessed, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies cannot be used to access the personal data or confidential information on your hard drive.
Features such as Google Signals allow Google to share ad personalization information with us that you have chosen to share with Google, to allow us to better understand and optimize our site for your usage. None of this information is personally identifiable. To learn more about this feature or to change your preferences, visit myactivity.google.com.
WHY DO WE COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL DATA?
We collect and use personal data primarily for purposes of direct sales, direct marketing, and customer service.
Woodland Direct may use third parties to perform certain functions on our behalf, such as delivering packages, serving ads on our behalf, monitoring the effectiveness of our marketing efforts, sending e-mail, and providing search results. These third-party service providers have access to personal data only to the extent needed to perform their functions but are not authorized to use it for any other purpose.
For example, we use personal data to do the following:
- Perform sales services
- Fulfill your order
- Ship the products you ordered to your location
- Send you information about the product you ordered
- Provide customer service
- Follow up on any incoming communications
- Provide coordination and assistance with manufacturer warranties
- Provide sales support for products
- Send you marketing communications, including information about or products, promotions. You may withdraw your subscription at any time by following the instructions in the email you received.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, invoices, payment confirmations, sales orders, etc.
We may disclose information to governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes and will only be disclosed if required by law, or if we reasonably believe that disclosure is needed to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a legal proceeding.
HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA?
WE HAVE IMPLEMENTED CERTAIN PROTECTIONS TO HELP ENSURE THE PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED REMAINS SECURE. WE ALSO ENSURE THIRD PARTIES WHO WORK WITH US AGREE TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION THEY MUST ACCESS IN ORDER FOR US TO SERVE YOU BETTER.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS KEPT SECURE. ONLY AUTHORIZED EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND CONTRACTORS HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. ALL EMAILS AND NEWSLETTERS FROM THIS SITE ALLOW YOU TO OPT OUT OF FURTHER COMMUNICATIONS BY USING THE INSTRUCTIONS IN THE COMMUNICATION.
We want customers to have the ability to control features whenever possible. However, if you opt out of certain customized features, you will not stop receiving ads; they will just be less customized to your interests. There also may be parts of the Site that may not work as intended.
Some browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These browser features are not uniform, so our system does not currently respond to those signals.
- If you do not wish to receive marketing emails about Woodland Direct, contact us at: email@example.com or follow the instructions in any of the communications you receive.
- Note that you will be removed from our email marketing list, but you may still receive emails regarding sales orders, information about purchases, and other activities related to your order.
- If you wish to restrict or block the cookies gathered by this website, or any other website, you may do so by adjusting your browser settings.
- To learn about opting out of Google Analytics, please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Visit your “Activity Center” while signed into your Google account to change your data collection preferences used by Google Signals at myactivity.google.com.
- To learn about opting out of OwnerIQ, please visit www.owneriq.com/privacy-notice.
Some of the ads you receive on Web pages are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits to different Websites in this browser and on other devices you may use. The DAA (Digital Advertising Alliance) offers a free opt-out tool that allows you to see any participating companies that have currently enabled customized ads to your browser at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Woodland Direct, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Support Advocate
2025 Taylor Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
The Site is not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact our Service Department at 800.919.1904.
Consent to Transfer of Data to United States
Woodland Direct is located in the United States and ships products to the US and Canada. Your use of the Site is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Michigan. Our computer systems are based in the United States, so your personal information will be processed by us in the United States. By using the Site, you agree to this Policy and you consent to the transfer of all such information to the United States.
LINKED TO WEBSITES
You may request the following regarding your personal data:
- Being informed about your personal information and how we control or process it.
- Viewing and obtaining a copy of the personal information we maintain about you.
- Right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Woodland Direct
- Amending or revising the personal information we maintain about you.
- Having the personal information we keep about you erased (also known as the right to be forgotten).
- Objecting to the use of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Restricting our use of the personal information we maintain about you.
- Transferring the personal information we maintain about you to another entity.
- Objecting to our use of the personal information we maintain about you.
- Objecting to automated decision making or automated profiling
- Knowing from where we obtained your personal information.
- To receive the same products or services (to the extent possible) at the same price regardless of whether you exercise your individual rights under this Notice.
- Withdraw your previously provided consent (this right may only be available on a prospective basis).
- Filing a complaint with us or the appropriate governmental entity.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Woodland Direct, Inc.
Attention: Privacy Support Advocate
2025 Taylor Rd
Auburn Hills, MI 48326