Hearth & Home Technologies LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Hearth & Home Technologies, on behalf of its hearth brands (“HHT”), extends the following warranty for HHT gas, wood, pellet, coal and electric hearth appliances that are purchased from an HHT authorized dealer.
HHT warrants to the original owner of the HHT appliance at the site of installation, and to any transferee taking ownership of the appliance at the site of installation within two years following the date of original purchase, that the HHT appliance will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of manufacture. After installation, if covered compo- nents manufactured by HHT are found to be defective in materials or workmanship during the applicable warranty period, HHT will, at its option, repair or replace the covered components. HHT, at its own discretion, may fully discharge all of its obligations under such warranties by replacing the product itself or refunding the verified purchase price of the product itself. The maximum amount recoverable under this warranty is limited to the purchase price of the product. This warranty is subject to conditions, exclusions and limitations as described below.
Warranty coverage begins on the date of original purchase. In the case of new home construction, warranty coverage begins on the date of first occupancy of the dwelling or six months after the sale of the product by an independent, authorized HHT dealer/ distributor, whichever occurs earlier. The warranty shall commence no later than 24 months following the date of product shipment from HHT, regardless of the installation or occupancy date. The warranty period for parts and labor for covered components is produced in the following table.
The term “Limited Lifetime” in the table below is defined as: 20 years from the beginning date of warranty coverage for gas appliances, and 10 years from the beginning date of warranty coverage for wood, pellet, and coal appliances. These time periods reflect the minimum expected useful lives of the designated components under normal operating conditions.
|All parts and material except as covered by Conditions, Exclusions, and Limitations listed||1 Year||1 Year|
|Factory-installed components||2 Years||2 Years|
|Ignition Modules||2 Years||2 Years|
|Burners, logs and refractory||10 Years||1 Year|
|Firebox and heat exchanger||Limited Lifetime||3 Years|
|All replacement parts beyond warranty period||90 Days||90 Days|
- This warranty only covers HHT appliances that are purchased through an HHT authorized dealer or distributor. A list of HHT authorized dealers is available on the HHT branded websites.
- This warranty is only valid while the HHT appliance remains at the site of original installation.
- This warranty is only valid in the country in which the HHT authorized dealer or distributor that sold the appliance resides.
- Contact your installing dealer for warranty service. If the installing dealer is unable to provide necessary parts, contact the nearest HHT authorized dealer or supplier. Additional service fees may apply if you are seeking warranty service from a dealer other than the dealer from whom you originally purchased the product.
- Check with your dealer in advance for any costs to you when arranging a warranty call. Travel and shipping charges for parts are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Changes in surface finishes as a result of normal use. As a heating appliance, some changes in color of interior and exterior surface finishes may occur. This is not a flaw and is not covered under warranty.
- Damage to printed, plated, or enameled surfaces caused by fingerprints, accidents, misuse, scratches, melted items, or other external sources and residues left on the plated surfaces from the use of abrasive cleaners or polishes.
- Repair or replacement of parts that are subject to normal wear and tear during the warranty period. These parts include: paint, wood, pellet and coal gaskets, firebricks, grates, flame guides, batteries and the discoloration of glass.
- Expansion, contraction, or movement of certain parts causing noise. These conditions are normal and complaints related to this noise are not covered by this warranty.
- Damages resulting from: (1) failure to install, operate, or maintain the appliance in accordance with the installation instructions, operating instructions, and listing agent identification label furnished with the appliance; (2) failure to install the appliance in accordance with local building codes; (3) shipping or improper handling; (4) improper opera- tion, abuse, misuse, continued operation with damaged, corroded or failed components, accident, or improperly/ incorrectly performed repairs; (5) environmental conditions, inadequate ventilation, negative pressure, or drafting caused by tightly sealed constructions, insufficient make-up air supply, or handling devices such as exhaust fans or forced air furnaces or other such causes; (6) use of fuels other than those specified in the operating instructions; (7) installation or use of components not supplied with the appliance or any other components not expressly authorized and approved by HHT; (8) modification of the appliance not expressly authorized and approved by HHT in writing; and/or (9) interruptions or fluctuations of electrical power supply to the appliance.
- Non-HHT venting components, hearth components or other accessories used in conjunction with the appliance.
- Any part of a pre-existing fireplace system in which an insert or a decorative gas appliance is installed.
- HHT’s obligation under this warranty does not extend to the appliance’s capability to heat the desired space. Informa- tion is provided to assist the consumer and the dealer in selecting the proper appliance for the application. Consider- ation must be given to appliance location and configuration, environmental conditions, insulation and air tightness of the structure.
This warranty is void if:
- The appliance has been over-fired or operated in atmospheres contaminated by chlorine, fluorine, or other damaging chemicals. Over-firing can be identified by, but not limited to, warped plates or tubes, rust colored cast iron, bubbling, cracking and discoloration of steel or enamel finishes.
- The appliance is subjected to prolonged periods of dampness or condensation.
- There is any damage to the appliance or other components due to water or weather damage which is the result of, but not limited to, improper chimney or venting installation.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
The owner’s exclusive remedy and HHT’s sole obligation under this warranty, under any other warranty, express or implied, or in contract, tort or otherwise, shall be limited to replacement, repair, or refund, as specified above. In no event will HHT be liable for any incidental or consequential damages caused by defects in the appliance. Some states do not allow exclusions or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights; you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, HHT MAKES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THE WARRANTY SPECIFIED HEREIN. THE DURATION OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO DURATION OF THE EXPRESSED WARRANTY SPECIFIED ABOVE.