OSBURN LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY OSBURN LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
The warranty of the manufacturer extends only to the original retail purchaser and is not transferable. This warranty covers brand new products only, which have not been altered, modified nor repaired since shipment from the factory. Proof of purchase (dated bill of sale), model name and serial number must be supplied when making any warranty claim to the OSBURN dealer.
This warranty applies to normal residential use only. This warranty is void if the unit is used to burn material other than cordwood (for which the unit is not certified by EPA) and void if not operated according to the owner's manual. Damages caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, lack of maintenance, over firing, negligence or accident during transportation, power failures, downdrafts, venting problems or underestimated heating area are not covered by this warranty. The recommended heated area for a given appliance is defined by the manufacturer as its capacity to maintain a minimum acceptable temperature in the designated area in case of a power failure.
This warranty does not cover any scratch, corrosion, distortion, or discoloration. Any defect or damage caused by the use of unauthorized or other than the original parts voids this warranty. An authorized qualified technician must perform the installation in accordance with the instructions supplied with this product and all local and national building codes. Any service call related to an improper installation is not covered by this warranty.
The manufacturer may require that defective products be returned or that digital pictures be provided to support the claim. Returned products are to be shipped prepaid to the manufacturer for investigation. Transportation fees to ship the product back to the purchaser will be paid by the manufacturer. Repair work covered by the warranty, executed at the purchaser’s domicile by an authorized qualified technician requires the prior approval of the manufacturer. All parts and labour costs covered by this warranty are limited according to the table below.
The manufacturer, at its discretion, may decide to repair or replace any part or unit after inspection and investigation of the defect. The manufacturer may, at its discretion, fully discharge all obligations with respect to this warranty by refunding the wholesale price of any warranted but defective parts. The manufacturer shall, in no event, be responsible for any uncommon, indirect, consequential damages of any nature, which are in excess of the original purchase price of the product. A one-time replacement limit applies to all parts benefiting from lifetime coverage. This warranty applies to products purchased after March 1st 2019.
- Combustion chamber (welds only) and cast iron door frame - PARTS: Lifetime | LABOUR: 5 years
- Ceramic glass**, plating (manufacturing defect**) and convector air mate. - PARTS: Lifetime | LABOUR: N/A
- Surrounds, heat shields, ash drawer, steel legs, pedestal, trims (aluminium extrusions), C-Cast baffle**, vermiculite baffle**, secondary air tubes**, removable stainless steel combustion chamber, deflectors and supports. - PARTS: 7 years | LABOUR: N/A
- Handle assembly, glass retainers and air control mechanism. - PARTS: 5 years | LABOUR: 3 years
- Removable carbon steel combustion chamber components. - PARTS: 5 years | LABOUR: N/A
- Paint (peeling**), gaskets, insulation, ceramic fiber blankets, firebricks and other options. - PARTS: 1 year | LABOUR: N/A
- All parts replaced under the warranty. - PARTS: 90 days | LABOUR: N/A
*Subject to limitations above. **Picture required.
Labour cost and repair work to the account of the manufacturer are based on a predetermined rate schedule and must not exceed the wholesale price of the replacement parts. Shall your unit or a component be defective, contact immediately your OSBURN dealer. To accelerate processing of your warranty claim, make sure to have on hand the following information when calling:
• Your name, address and telephone number;
• Bill of sale and dealer’s name;
• Installation configuration;
• Serial number and model name as indicated on the nameplate fixed to the back of your unit;
• Nature of the defect and any relevant information.
Before shipping your unit or defective component to our plant, you must obtain an Authorization Number from your OSBURN dealer. Any merchandise shipped to our plant without authorization will be refused automatically and returned to the sender