SLICK ROCK: BASIN WARRANTY
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS AND WARRANTY INFORMATION
Slick Rock Inc.’s collection of products are warranted against defects in material and quality of workmanship. Slick Rock Inc. products are warranted for one (1) year from the original date of purchase, provided recommended cleaning and maintenance are performed. This warranty includes structural cracking (as defined below) or sealer failure within the stated period. This warranty provides that all materials and equipment furnished under this statement are of good quality and new. The work will be free from defects excluding what is inherent in the nature of the product or permitted in Slick Rock Inc. allowable tolerances (as stated below). Should a defect occur during the specified time frame, Slick Rock Inc. will provide DIY repair materials, repair, reseal or replace the existing product at no cost to the second party based on an evaluation by Slick Rock Inc at its sole discretion. Slick Rock Inc. is not responsible for shipping costs associated with replacing the defective basin. Slick Rock Inc. will coordinate shipping, but the second party will ultimately be responsible for those costs. This warranty is null and void in the case of neglect or misuse. Warranty is void unless all required paperwork and documents have been signed and approved.
1. It is important that you do not apply tape directly to the basins. This is IMPAIRATIVE; the tape alters the curing process and transfers chemicals to the concrete and will show in the finished product.
2. Slick Rock Inc.’s color charts are a representation of the colors that we offer. Actual colors may vary from the color chart colors.
• Each basin is a unique product and will take on color differently. There will be different color modeling and uniformity of color between different pieces or within each piece itself. Our artisans work hard to create the color you’ve chosen, but realize that within that palette, color modeling and non-uniformity may occur.
3. Slick Rock products are stained with a vibrant array of (12) water based colors.
4. Maintenance is the sole responsibility of the second party. For everyday cleaning use Riverbed Concrete General Cleaner (purchase at www.riverbedconcrete.com). Refrain from using a pressure washer, acidic cleaners or strippers such as, but not limited to, muratic, sulfamic, or orange concentrate cleaners. Please reference the Care and Maintenance form (online at www.slickrockinc.com) for more information.
A. Resealing the concrete may become necessary to protect the product. This should be performed by Slick Rock Inc. or approved concrete professional and will be invoiced separately.
B. Slick Rock Inc. is not responsible for sealer failure after the warranty period of one (1) year. In order to keep your concrete basin looking its best, have Slick Rock Inc. reseal on an as needed basis (to be invoiced separately).
5. Concrete basins may develop small, non-structural cracks. There is no guarantee or warranty that our concrete products will not crack. There is an old adage “if it ain’t cracked, it ain’t concrete.” At the end of the day, our products are still made of concrete, no matter how sophisticated. Even if a crack develops, the fibers that are mixed within our concrete are designed to hold the pieces together under “normal” loads in which the product has been designed. We emphasize that the development of a crack normally does not disrupt the performance or structural properties of the concrete basin. A structural crack is defined as a crack that disrupts the structural integrity of the basin, thus causing it to lose its frame. Most often structural cracks go all the way through the concrete, tearing the concrete completely apart and allowing the user to see through the concrete. Alternately, a structural crack could be a crack that is wider than a hairline crack and goes all the way from the top to the bottom on the basin. If you think you might have a structural crack, not caused by negligence, call Slick Rock Inc. for an evaluation. Do not fill with water (w/ exception of bowls designed for that purpose i.e. water bowls) or subject to excessive loads. Fill planters with approved potting soil only.
6. Discoloration and fading may occur over time to our concrete products. Due to the nature of our stains, the elements in which our basins are placed can alter the color. Basins can be re-stained and/or re-sealed by Slick Rock Inc. (to be invoiced separately) to keep them looking new.
7. Slick Rock Inc. is not responsible for any damage that may occur to our basins due to a 3rd party cover. A rubberized, plastic, or non-breathable cover should not be used for Slick Rock products as they could cause the sealer and/or stain to de-laminate.
8. The gloss level of our basins may alter over time. Based on the elements, our basins may lose their original glossy appearance. Re-sealing may be necessary to maintain desired gloss levels.
9. This warranty excludes failures caused by occurrences beyond Slick Rock Inc.’s control including, but not limited to, acts of God or public enemy, acts of war, rebellion or sabotage: fires, floods, explosions, accidents: riots or other acts of workers, whether direct or indirect; or, any other causes whether or not of the same cause or kind as those specifically named above, which are not within the control of the party affected and which, by the exercise of reasonable diligence, said party is unable to prevent or provide against.
10. In consideration of the mutual promises set forth herein, Slick Rock Inc. covenants and agrees that it shall perform services rendered in a timely, professional manner, providing quality results set to Slick Rock Inc. standards. Slick Rock Inc. is not liable for color inconsistencies, nor to be held responsible for differences in opinion of color tone and color modeling, or other disagreements and opinions of color. All verbal agreements are void unless otherwise stated in this contract.
11. Slick Rock Inc. is not liable for defects or malfunctions of third party suppliers/manufactures whose products are used in the fabrication/assembly of its products. Slick Rock Inc.is not liable for damages or injury resulting in the mis-use of its products.
Any claim or controversy arising among or between the parties hereto and any claim or controversy arising out of or respecting any matter contained in this Agreement or any difference as to the interpretation of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall be settled by arbitration in the city of Boerne, Texas by Three (3) arbitrators under the then prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association.
In any arbitration involving this Agreement, the arbitrators shall not make any award which will alter, change, cancel or rescind any provision of the Agreement and their award shall be consistent with the provisions of this Agreement. Any such arbitration must be commenced no later than sixty (60) days from the date such claim or controversy arose. The award of the arbitrators shall be final and binding.
Exceptions to Above Warranty:
(Signature – only necessary if exceptions exist) Dated: , 20
Limitation of Liability
Slick Rock Inc. does not and shall not assume any liability whatsoever for use of, or defects which may be claimed in, any products sold or distributed by Slick Rock Inc. (the “Products”)
on www.slickrockinc.com (the “Site”). Slick Rock Inc. products are not intended for re-purposing and all products are sold only for their intended purposes. Specialty requests for alterations are at the liability of purchaser. Any alterations or misuse of the products in the field or by the owner negates liability and warranty. Slick Rock Inc. products are sold as individual items. The use/application of such items including, but not limited to, placement, support, structure, anchoring, and general use of the item in a specific design and situation are under the sole liability of the purchaser and end user. With regard to communication with Slick Rock Inc. staff, it is agreed and acknowledged that Slick Rock Inc. staff is only provided to assist in the identification of the Products. Slick Rock Inc nor its staff shall assume any responsibility or liability whatsoever relating to the installation or use of any Products. The customer is advised to seek the assistance of a qualified licensed installer to ensure the proper selection and installation of any of the Products and compliance with local codes and ordinances. Slick Rock
Inc. expressly disclaims and shall not be liable for any claims for damage, injury, cost or expense suffered or incurred as a result of or otherwise caused by the installation or use of any of the Products. The customer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Slick Rock Inc. and its employees, officers, directors, owners and agents, from and against any such claims for damage, injury, cost or expense suffered or incurred as a result of, caused by or otherwise related to the installation or use of any Products purchased by the customer.
General Information & Gas Fire (Standard)
CAUTION: Assembly instructions are suggestions only. All installation, connections, final set up and service should be done by a professional certified by the National Fire Place Institute (N.F.I.) or the Wood Energy Technology Training (W.E.T.T.) in Canada or the local authority having jurisdiction in gas piping. All are hereafter referred to as certified or licensed installer.
CAUTION: For outdoor use only!
CAUTION: Concrete parts are heavy and fragile. Moving parts will require two or more people. Use extreme care when handling concrete as it is easily scratched or chipped with other hard objects, such as metal, stone, or other concrete!
CAUTION: When lava rock is new or contains moisture, operating fire-bowl may cause it to pop and cause small particles to fly. When igniting bowl for the first several times or after lava rock has become damp, it may take several minutes for the lava rock to dry out and cease popping.
Note: All Slick Rock Inc. Fire-bowl products are shipped un-assembled. Slick Rock Inc. has paired its concrete products with third party suppliers at its best discretion to provide a safe, quality fire-bowl product. It is the purchasers’ sole responsibility to ensure the safe assembly, placement and operation of the final assembled unit. All of which should be performed by a licensed professional.
DISCLAIMER: Slick Rock Inc. is not a licensed installer nor authorized in gas or fire safety. Slick Rock Inc. has made efforts to ensure the products it sells are safe for our customers by purchasing responsibly manufactured third party components. It is the purchasers’ responsibility to ensure the proper assembly of these components to our concrete products. Slick Rock Inc. is in no way responsible for the use or mis- use of any such burner, gas line, valve, etc. component. Slick Rock Inc. manufactures and is liable for the quality of its concrete items ONLY. Great care and caution should be taken when assembling Slick Rock Inc. concrete products in conjunction with the third party components as mentioned above. The above assembly instructions are suggestions only. All connections and final set up should be approved and provided by a certified installer.
CAUTION: Failure to read and understand the follow material may lead to fire, harm or death. Download, read and fully understand the correct document for your purchased item: http://www.hpcfire.com/outdoor/support-2/product-instructions-2/
Match/Manual light instruction - http://www.hpcfire.com/download/get/800-frs-fps-matchlit- 04022011/676/
Electric push button ignition - http://www.hpcfire.com/download/get/820-fpk-sparkignition- 04042011/676/
Remote start ignition - http://www.hpcfire.com/download/get/850-electronic-ignition-flamecontrol- system-06162011/676/
Propane - http://www.hpcfire.com/download/get/700-fplp-07212011/676/
Water & Gas - http://www.hpcfire.com/download/get/970-fire-water-bowl-03232011/676/
WARNING: For your safety read before lighting. If you do not follow these instructions exactly, a fire or explosion may result causing property damage, personal injury or loss of life.
A. When lighting follow these instructions exactly.
B. Before LIGHTING, smell around the appliance area for gas. Be sure to smell next to the floor, because some gas is heavier than air and will settle on the floor.
What to do if you smell gas:
• Do not try to light fire-bowl or any appliance.
• Do not touch any electric switch; do not use any phone in your building.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a neighbors phone. Follow the gas suppliers’ instructions.
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the fire department.
C. Use only your hand to turn the gas control knob or valve. Never use tools. If the valve will not turn by hand, don’t try to repair it, call a qualified service technician. Force or attempted repair may result in a fire or explosion.
D. Do not use this appliance if any part has been underwater. Immediately call a qualified service technician to inspect the appliance, and to replace any part which has been underwater.
1. STOP! Read the safety information above.
2. Remove the top cover. If one exists.
3. Find the manual gas control valve.
4. Place a burning match on top of burner in the middle where ports are present. DO NOT HOLD THE MATCH IN HAND. For Natural Gas unit turn on the on/off valve slowly. For liquid propane unit turn the valve on the LP tank counterclockwise all the way and then turn on the on/off valve slowly at the unit. If there is no on/off valve for your selected unit, use the LP tank valve to control flame height and intensity. Take caution when lighting without an on/off valve and do not open the valve all the way.
5. If the burner does not light before the match goes out, immediately turn the gas to off.
6. Wait at least five (5) minutes to clear out any gas. If you have unsuccessfully tried to light the burner, wait longer. Then smell for gas, including near the floor. If you smell gas, STOP!
Follow “B” in the safety information above. If you don’t smell gas, repeat step 4. Turn Off Gas Fire-Bowl
7. Turn the on/off valve to the off position for natural gas units. For LP units, turn the on/off valve to the off position and then turn the valve on the LP tank to the off position clockwise.
Natural / Composite Wood Fire
Please use extreme caution when lighting, operating and controlling natural or composite wood burning fires. As is true with all stone and stone like materials there is a high probability that heating the material will cause cracks, shattering or combustion. Do not heat the concrete surface. Do not allow the flames to grow to a size that will regularly touch the concrete material in turn causing the concrete to become hot.
Do not build large fires. We recommend the use of composite fire wood burning only one “log” at a time. Failure to follow the above will likely cause cracking and color/sealer failure. Practice common sense and moderation when building a “wood” fire in conjunction with Slick Rock Inc. products.