Keep your outdoor gatherings comfortable long into the evening with the Bromic Platinum Smart-Heat 300 Series Heater - Propane! Perfect for large residential spaces and commercial venues alike, this unit features three burners that warm up to 160 square feet and emits a relaxing, infrared glow. Its heavy-duty, stainless steel finish stands up to inclement weather conditions, while its stylish tinted ceramic facia ensures even heat distribution.
Available in Natural Gas and Propane configurations, the Bromic Platinum Smart-Heat 300 Series Gas Patio Heater - 22" is equipped with a patented direct ignition system that ignites the gas in winds of up to eight miles per hour! Multiple mounting kits let you direct the heat exactly where you need it and reclaim value floor space in compact areas. For safe low-clearance installations, you can add the optional Bromic Heat Deflector, which is designed to push the heat away from combustible materials. Effortlessly operate your heater with the optional Bromic Wireless Remote with Controller, which allows you to switch the unit on and off from up to 100 feet away.
Perfect for large residential spaces and commercial venues
THIS WARRANTY IS APPLICABLE TO THE ORIGINAL OWNER ONLY. In accordance with the warranty terms and conditions specified below. At its discretion, the manufacturer will furnish the ORIGINAL OWNER;
1. A replacement Bromic Heating heater or
2. A replacement part for any component part which fails.
When the heater is used for a residential use, the warranty will be one year from the date of purchase. When the heater is used for a commercial application or any other purpose other than residential use, the warranty shall be 90 days.
UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AT ITS DISCRETION, THE WARRANTOR WILL PROVIDE ONLY A REPLACEMENT HEATER OR PART THEREOF. THE OWNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER COSTS. Such costs may include, but are not limited to:
1. Labor charges for service, removal, or reinstallation of the heater or part thereof.
2. Shipping and delivery charges for forwarding the new heater or replacement part from the nearest distributor and returning the claimed defective heater or part to such distributor.
3. All cost necessary or incidental for handling and administrative charges and for any materials and/or permits require(more...)