Outdoor Lifestyles by Hearth & Home Technologies, Inc.™ Limited Warranty
Hearth & Home Technologies, Inc. (“HHT”) extends the following warranty for all Outdoor Lifestyles by
HHT™ brand products (“Products”) that are purchased from an HHT authorized dealer.
HHT warrants to the original owner of the Product at the site of installation, and to any transferee taking
ownership of the Product at the site of installation within one year following the date of original purchase,
that the Product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship at the time of manufacture. After
installation, if covered components manufactured by HHT are found to be defective in materials or
workmanship during the applicable warranty period, HHT will, at its option, repair or replace the covered
components. This warranty is subject to conditions, exclusions and limitations as described below.
The warranty period runs for one year, beginning on the earlier of: (i) the date of invoice for the Product;
(ii) in the case of new home construction, the date of first occupancy of the residence or six months after
the date of sale of the Product by an HHT authorized dealer, whichever occurs first; or (iii) the date 24
months following the date of Product shipment from HHT, regardless of the invoice or occupancy date.
• This warranty only covers Products that are purchased through an HHT authorized dealer or
distributor. A list of HHT authorized dealers is available on the HHT branded websites.
• This warranty is only valid while the Product remains at the site of original installation.
• Contact your installing dealer for warranty service. If the installing dealer is unable to provide
necessary parts, contact the nearest HHT authorized dealer or supplier. Additional service fees
may apply if you are seeking warranty service from a dealer other than the dealer from whom
you originally purchased the Product.
• Check with your dealer in advance for any costs to you when arranging a warranty call. Travel
and shipping charges for parts are not covered by this warranty.
This warranty does not cover the following:
• Changes in surface finishes as a result of normal use. As a heating appliance, some changes in
color of interior and exterior surface finishes may occur; this is not a flaw and not covered under
• Damage to printed, plated, or enameled surfaces caused by fingerprints, accidents, misuse,
scratches, melted items, or other external sources and residues left on surfaces from the use of
abrasive cleaners or polishes.
• Repair or replacement of parts that are subject to normal wear and tear during the warranty
period. These parts include: paint, firebricks, grates, flame guides and the discoloration of glass.
• Minor expansion, contraction, or movement of certain parts causing noise. These conditions are
normal and complaints related to this noise are not covered by this warranty.
• Damages resulting from: (1) failure to install, operate, or maintain the Product in accordance with
the installation instructions, operating instructions, and listing agent identification label furnished
with the Product; (2) failure to install the Product in accordance with local building codes; (3)
shipping or improper handling; (4) improper operation, abuse, misuse, continued operation with
damaged, corroded or failed components, accident, or incorrectly performed repairs; (5) inadequate
ventilation, negative pressure or environmental conditions, including, without limitation:
hail, snow, ice, fallen branches, flooding, water damage and fading of color; (6) use of fuels other
than those specified in the operating instructions; (7) installation or use of components not
supplied with the Product or any other components not expressly authorized and approved by
HHT; (8) modification of the Product not expressly authorized and approved by HHT in writing;
and/or (9) interruptions or fluctuations of electrical power supply to the Product.
• Non-HHT venting components, hearth components or other accessories used in conjunction with
• Any part of a pre-existing fireplace system in which an insert or a decorative gas appliance is
• The Product’s capability to heat the desired space. Information is provided to assist the consumer
and the dealer in selecting the proper appliance for the application. Consideration must be given
to the Product’s location and configuration and environmental conditions.
This warranty is void if:
• The Product has been over-fired or operated in atmospheres contaminated by chlorine, fluorine, or other
damaging chemicals. Over-firing can be identified by, but not limited to, warped plates or tubes, rust colored
cast iron, bubbling, cracking and discoloration of steel or enamel finishes and cracking or spalling of
refractory or cementitious materials.
• The Product is subjected to prolonged periods of dampness, condensation, ice or snow.
• There is any damage to the Product or other components due to water or weather damage which is the
result of, but not limited to, improper chimney or venting installation.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
Repair or replacement in accordance with the provisions of this warranty will be the owner’s exclusive remedy for and
will constitute HHT’s sole obligation under this warranty, under any other warranty (express or implied), or in contract,
tort or otherwise; provided, however, that if HHT is unable to provide repair or replacement in an expedient and cost
effective manner, HHT may discharge all such obligations by refunding the purchase price of the Product. No
employee, agent, dealer, or other person is authorized to give any warranty on behalf of HHT. TO THE EXTENT
ALLOWED BY LAW, HHT MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY
OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HHT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF DEFECTS IN OR USE OF THE PRODUCTS.
Some states do not allow exclusions or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so these limitations
may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights; you also may have other rights, which vary from state
to state. The duration of any implied warranty is limited to the duration of the warranty period specified herein.